Tuesday 30 October 2012

Less is More - Sketch Challenge

Over at Less is More this week there is a sketch challenge I've not played along with a sketch before and found it more difficult than I imagined!

Here's the sketch:
and here is what I came up with:
I used lots of my favourite products on this card and made it for my mum as we sadly lost my dad 7 years ago and its been very hard for her and its his birthday next week so thought I'd send her a little card.

The card base is SU sahara sand I just love this colour it really does change depending on what colours you pair it with here I've just gone for very vanilla, old olive, cherry cobbler and soft suede.  I used my favourite stamp set Fabulous Florets and stamped onto newsprint designer series paper.  I randomly stamped the stem once into the center of the card and then up the sides.  The main bloom is again stamped onto the patterned paper this time in cherry cobbler.  It is popped up on dimensionals here is a close up:

I then went mad with the sponge and distressed the edges the card looked a little blank and I had wanted the butterfly from the patterned paper to be more prominent but decided it wasn't working for me so added my own stamped in cherry cobbler.

 

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Debbie, the stamping is fab and the overall design is super, I'm sure your mum will be really touched!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful botanical card Debbie, love your colour combo and that stamp set:) I'm sure this will put a smile on your Mum's face!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stamping on the newsprint, so effective. I'm sure your Mum will be touched. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, great effect you've achieved.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely combination of text and floral as well as the subtle colour scheme you chose.

    ReplyDelete